Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Crafty Cardmakers DT Card- Challenge #31 Step away from the square


The challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this week is "Step Away From The Square"


I am big fan of square cards so this was hard for me, I tried all my nestabilities but none were big enough so in the end I made a hexagon shape on Microsoft Word and made a basic template out of it lol It seemed to do the trick.I have used my baby Magnolia stamp coloured with Promarkers,some lace and white glitter line peel offs.A tiny bit of stickles on Tilda's wings and some tiny little heart peel offs.

Why not pop on over to Crafty Cardmakers and show us your anything but square card :o)

6 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

aww what a cute card - love the haxagonal design
Lisa ;)

Jack said...

Well done you on making your own template. Such a cute card too. xx

Jenni said...

Love the shape of your card Fiona, think I'd like to use the same design sometime - if you dont mind of course!
Jenni x

Josephine said...

So cute - and I am in awe of your template-making and cutting skills.

Sheila said...

Gorgous card Fiona! Have never thought of using Word for getting shapes - such a smart idea you had there and saved yourself a fortune too! May need to pinch it too if thats OK, Sheila:)X

Lin said...

Great shape Fiona. It took me hours to work out this shape once so that it wouldn't be wonky and I'm not sure I had it right even then, lol

Well done you for your clever shortcut.

Lin xx