Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Crafty Cardmakers DT - Challenge #46 - Embossing

This week at Crafty Cardmakers our challenge is being hosted by Tracy :) She would like to see EMBOSSING on your project. It can be heat embossing with your inks and embossing powders or dry embossing either by hand or using a machine so there is lots of scope for this challenge.

We have a lovely prize from Joanna Sheen for this challenge - a £10 voucher to spend in her online shop which is packed full of goodies! Why not hop on over and join us at Crafty Cardmakers.



For the embossing part of my card I have used a cuttlebug embossing folder on purple pearl card and also Cor'dinations Whitewash (which I have had for AGES and never really felt the need to use lol) card and then sanded it to reveal the purple underneath. My image is a stamp from LOTV coloured with ProMarkers.The roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts.The backing paper covering the card base is actually music notes from "the wedding march" but it's totally wasted because you can't see it lol

I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:
Pear Tree Designs - Stamped Image
Kaboodle Doodle - Tictactoe (chose 3 items/techniques in a row, I chose embossing,die-cuts and flowers)
The Ribbon Girl Challenge - Pinks and Lilacs
Stamp Something - Anything Goes
Dream Valley Challenges - Dig out the old to use with the new (I have used my old whitewash card and backing paper with my new LOTV stamp)
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes
Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - May Flowers

19 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty card - love the lilac and the great layout
Lisa x

Jack said...

This is a beautiful, elegant card. And I will try and imagine that backing paper because it sounds so perfect, lol.
Jack xx

Katina said...

Awww, so pretty Fiona!xx

lindyloo said...

Very very pretty love the colours thank you for sharing your work with us at the Pear tree designs this week hugs linda x

Manuela said...

Hello.
Beautiful card. Lovely image. And love the tiling.
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges and Good Luck.
Manuela

**Farrah** said...

Oh soooo soft and pretty.
Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Jill said...

What a beautiful card - gorgeous colours. Love that LOTV image! Thanks for joining in Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

Made by Mandy said...

Fiona this is a gorgeous card, I love the colours you have chosen and I am embarrassed to admit I have this stamp and it hasn't seen ink yet ;(

Love Mandy xxx

Susie said...

Gorgeous card, I adore this image and love the embossed panels! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Kendra said...

Beautiful wedding card! Love the image and the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley!

Josephine said...

Beautiful! Oh and I love the Whitewash card - although I'm also reluctant to use it!

Such a pretty card!

mudmaven said...

Such a cute, sweet card. I love that image! Thanks for joining us for our Tic, Tac, Toe challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

Debs said...

Such a darling image and what a beautiful layout and flowers, thanks so much for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge this week at One Stitch at a Time
Debs R
xxx

Ribbon Girl said...

|I lover that lotv image, really nice and your card is very pretty - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl colour challenge. Mary G x

Eiglas said...

Oh what a very pretty card Fi! Your pallette is so light and gentle - suits it well!
Hugs
Ei
x

melsanford said...

Oh I love this image! The colours are beautiful and I love the embossing :-) Thankyou for joining us at Dream Valley - Good luck! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

gillyflower said...

love this image and love what you have done with it
gill x

Fluffles said...

Great card, love the colours & layout, Jx

SusieLou said...

What a gorgeous card - I love the embossing with the whitewash card - very effective! Thank you for joining our Old and New challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x