Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Crafty Cardmakers DT Card #50 - One Layer Card

This week at Crafty Cardmakers our challenge is to make a One Layer Card. Now the definition of one layer cards is "One piece of card folded in half with no additional layers and minimal embellishments, where the image is stamped or printed directly onto the cardstock." (Definition from Less is More Blog)


Wow....I found this challenge exactly that!! A real challenge, quite scary lol. For my one layer card I started by punching the bottom of a white card with my MS Lace punch. I then ripped 2 long pieces of masking tape in half. I placed the masking tape down in the rough shape of a square and inked the square with my tim holtz ink. Then I used my Kanban stamp in the middle of the square. I made a mat of paper to cover the square and the sprayed over the whole card with pearl shimmer spray. Then to finish it off I added gems to the image and made a border around the square with stickles.

3 comments:

Eiglas said...

Very pretty card Fi - the chandelier image is very elegant!
Hugs
Ei
x

Josephine said...

Beautiful! The effect with the masking tape looks layered - it adds a real depth.

Made by Mandy said...

This is an amazing card !! You would never have thought it was a one layer card when you 1st look at it.

Love Mandy xxx